Not since the invention of the Internet has there been such a disruptive technology as Bitcoin. Bitcoin’s early pioneers sought to blur the lines of sovereignty and the financial status quo. After years of underground development Bitcoin grabbed the attention of a curious public, and the ire of the regulators the technology had subverted. After landmark arrests of prominent cyber criminals Bitcoin faces its most severe adversary yet, the very banks it was built to destroy. An ideological battle is underway between fringe utopists and mainstream capitalism and this film shows the players who are defining how this technology will shape our lives.
– Erik de Bakker, from Rathenau Instituut. He researches topics concerning digitalization, such as Internet of Things in cities, big data and farming, blockchain and banks.
– Simon Lelieveldt, is working in the area of bank supervision, retail payments and financial markets with a focus on regulatory (compliance) and business consulting. His assignments are related to PSD2-compliance and blockchain/distributed ledger technologies.
Simon is also the founder of ‘Financieel Erfgoed’, a not-for profit organisation that shares and disseminates the insights from financial history to a broader audience.
- Daan Maasson, co-founder at Blockchainformation. Business development consultant specializing in blockchain tokens and initial coin offerings (ICO). He is currently involved in several blockchain projects as the ICO of Sisu.
* Admission to the MOVIE is for FREE (but we appreciate donations!)
* Make sure to ARRIVE ON TIME, the doors are closed when the movie starts or the venue is at full capacity.
* The DINNER is vegan and can be booked online at https://